Lose the Box
This website is Owned by Lose the Box, an organisation that uses creative business solutions to support organisations through leadership coaching, effective teamworking and process improvement.
Registered Address: Office 1026, 109 Vernon House, Friar Lane, Nottingham.
You can find information about ICO at their website https://ico.org.uk/
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Maureen Whyman.
Lawful basis for processing
Our Website & Your Individual Rights
Lawful basis for processing: Pursuance of our legitimate interests
Why? To allow us to analyse how visitors interact with our site in order to improve our site and our services to our customers and to our targeted market.
We will not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
The law requires us to determine how we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category See 1 -3 below. .
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
1. verify your identity for security purposes
2. sell products to you
3. provide you with our services
4. provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
Where there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent, or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at email@example.com
3. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. This can include your personal information.
Cookies are small pieces of text that are stored by your browser. Each cookie has a name and is associated with a particular site. When your browser sends a request to a site (for example, to download a page, image, or video), the computer that responds (known as a server) may tell your browser to set one or more cookies. When your browser makes further requests to the same site it sends the cookies back to the server. This allows the server to remember you as you browse the site, and provide features such as shopping baskets or password-protected areas. Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period has passed.
• To allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
• To operate our content management system.
• To operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
• To enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
• To collect information about how visitors, use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
• To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time.
• To enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify anyone.
Retention and Review of personally identifiable information
We keep your personal data only for as long as required by us to provide the services you have requested, comply with the law or to support a claim in court. You may review or update the information that we hold about you, or if you wish, request the removal of any information about you from our website.
To do this please contact us via email on: firstname.lastname@example.org